Here is a recipe guaranteed to warm you up this winter. Super easy, healthy and inexpensive too!
A very satisfying dish, my family describes this as tasting like an entire Thanksgiving Dinner all rolled into one scrumptious casserole. Delicious served over quinoa or rice, or eaten as a dip with corn chips or pitas.*
- 1 cup red lentils
- 2 cups water
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Tsp ground ginger (1 Tbsp fresh grated)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup veggie of choice, grated (carrot, daikon radish, turnip, sweet potato, eggplant are examples of some that I've used)
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350°. Combine all ingredients in a casserole dish. Bake for 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours or longer depending on your thickness preference. I have found that the longer you cook this, the thicker it becomes.
*Thanks and credit to my friend Falon for sharing this recipe with me!!