I love blogs (duh). I love how supportive bloggers are to their fellow blogophiles. I love how the nature of blog communities promotes an attitude of abundance. There is no "Us vs. Them." There is no "I have to push everyone else down so that I can be on top." There is a general attitude that there is plenty to go around, plenty for all of us and that the better we all do … well, the better we all do!
I am extremely excited and humbled by this, my very first blog award. *sniff* I promised myself I wouldn't cry *sniff*
Thank you Carrisa at Yoga Untwisted for thinking of me as a Versatile Blogger. Your positivity and enthusiasm for life is infectious. I am incredibly honored and thrilled to have connected with you here in the wonderful world of yoga blogs, or as it is often called, the cyber-sangha. Namaste, my friend, and thank you.
The guidelines for accepting this award require the recipient to (1) thank the person who gave it to you; (2) tell 7 things about yourself; and (3) pass the award on to 05 bloggers, whom you have recently discovered and think are fantastic.
7 things, huh?
1. I compulsively collect beer bottle caps. I intend to someday re-purpose them as art or jewelry or something. For now it is just weird. I don't do it with anything else.
2. My favorite movies are comedies and animations … least favorite, horror.
3. I check, double-check, triple-check emails before I send them. Same thing with blog posts. What might take someone 15 minutes, takes me an hour. I am working on it.
4. I am currently reading (for the first time) the Bhagavad Gita. I am taking my sweet time a savoring every bit of it. The discussion over at elephantjournal.com is helping tremendously.
5. I moved to Asheville, NC 8 years ago and right now I am falling in love with it all over again. The mountains, the people, the yoga …. oh yeah.
6. However … I miss the ocean … a LOT. I grew up in South Florida and, of course, took it for granted. Fortunately, it is not far from me, we even have a coast in North Carolina. Whew.
7. I cry often. Sappy movies, yummy hugs from my kids, yoga class … you name it. Like sweating, I find it to be very therapeutic, cleansing even.
So, without further ado … I hereby present the following bloggers, who I have recently discovered and think are absolutely FANTASTIC, with the "Most Versatile Award" (in no particular order). Y'all rock. Thanks for your continual inspiration and support.
There ya have it, folks. There are so many more and I think I will just have to mention them at another time, in another post. You can always check out my blogroll for more (I am always adding to it). For now, please stop by these 5 blogs and leave a comment while you're there (show some love). Here are some sample posts to check out:
Happy Reading and Hugs All Around,