I don't know about you, but December has been a whirlwind of red and green for me. I recieved my Retreat in a Box on December 12th and it has taken me this long to write about it. Pretty soon we will be welcoming the new year (and another box from Yogi Surprise – yippee!).
The theme for December's box is "The Gift of Giving" and that is definitely my favorite thing about the holidays. I really love taking the time to consider and appreciate the people in my life in a bigger way. Most of my gifts are hand made and I do my best not to get caught up in the consumerism and the frenzy. With that in mind, I'll mention yet another thing I appreciate about Yogi Surprise. So far, their boxes do not contribute to clutter in my life. They are full size products rather than small samples that create excess waste. The packaging is minimal, reusable and/or recyclable. Best of all, the items I receive are really quite useful and I actually USE them. It is as if they went holiday shopping just for me. 🙂
The December Retreat in a Box has been a real gift! So, without further ado, here is the goodness that was inside:
- Booda Butter by Booda Organics– This stuff is amazing! It is vegan, cruelty-free, and hand made in the USA. The ingredients in Booda Butter are simple, pure, and organic – just shea butter, cocoa butter, coconut oil, jojoba oil, and olive oil. It is good food for your skin and I absolutely love it! I highly recommend for dry skin and as a way to boost the overall health of your skin. My tin currently lives in my bathroom where I have easy access to it throughout the day. It smells delicious, too.
- Essential Living Foods Chocolate Covered Cacao Nibs – In a word, scrumptious. Chocolate on chocolate in a pure, raw, ecologically grown form. Such a treat!
- Urban Moonshine Energy Tonic – At first I thought this was something like an all-natural, herbal Red Bull but it actually much more than that. This energy tonic is meant to be taken daily to protect your body from the harmful effects of stress. It is a potent combination of beneficial herbs in an alcohol tincture (I'm assuming that is the reason for the moonshine moniker!). I recommend drinking this in a glass of water as it is quite bitter and strong on its own. I am a huge fan of medicinal herbs and highly recommend this Energy Tonic. Good stuff.
- Indian Tiger Eye Mala Beads – Tiger's Eye has been my favorite stone ever since I visited a science museum in elementary school. So, as you can imagine, I was super stoked to receive this gorgeous mala. I have been wearing it when I chant for grounding and clarity. You can read about the healing properties of tiger's eye stone here.
- Angel Rejuvenation Spray Facial Mist & Aura Cleanser – I love this spray! It contains essential oils of frankincence, lavender, and geranium in a base of activated sacred healing water. It smells divine. I like to spray on my face as a moisturizer before I head out into the crisp, dry, winter air. It also works to elevate my mood and bring clarity and positivity to my mind.
- Scout Organic Raw Pumpkin Seeds – Another delicious addition to this month's box. These pumpkin seeds are healthy, tasty and make the perfect snack in between yoga classes and at work. My kids love them, too!
- Yogi Surprise Organic Cotton Yoga Strap – I am a dork for yoga props (I even work for a yoga prop company) so I was pretty geeked to receive this strap. In my opinion, you can't have too many yoga props laying around. This belt/strap is high quality and durable with metal loop fasteners which are my personal favorite because they don't break or loosen over time.
Thanks, as always, to Yogi Surprise for putting together such a perfect box for a yoga lover like me. I am looking forward to next month's box already. Here's to a Happy, Healthy New Year!